A summary of the below information, is that the monthly Kendo training on the first Friday of every month will be starting again in June (4th June at 7:30pm to 8:30pm). Please read the email below for more information about this!
———————– VKR President Message ————————-
The VKR will be restarting monthly Kendo training on the first Friday of every month. This is an opportunity for members from different clubs to train together.
The first training for this year will be 7.30-8.30pm, Friday 4 June 2021 and will be held at the Kenshikan (91 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne).
There is no training fee.
The VKR training will be held in accordance with MBK COVID policies. Please take the time to read the policies below.
VKR Monthly Kendo Training – COVID Safe Policy and Procedures
Below is the policy and procedures for entry to the Kenshikan Dojo, which will apply for the VKR Monthly Kendo Training. Also, attached are the full details of the Kenshikan policy, if you wish to refer to it as well.
If you have not previously trained at the Kenshikan since the COVID policies have been in place, please also note that your agreement to follow the policies is required in advance and can be completed online at https://forms.gle/3aduTfCRmm9KwJmLA
Please complete this BEFORE 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd June.
To ensure safety of all members, as per VKR Guidelines, your club is required to have a COVID safe plan, which must include the use of the Government approved QR Code check-in systems.
If a member of your club has not trained at MBK during COVID, you must provide your club’s COVID policy to the MBK Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd June.
(Note: The following clubs have already provided their policy: MUKEN, Mumeishi, Monash)
INSTRUCTIONS ON DOJO PROTOCOL:
- If you are unwell or have any symptoms – stay home, get tested and do not attend the training.
- Dojo entry will be open at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start of training.
- Entry is via the front door ONLY.
- Complete the required online declaration to follow the Kenshikan and the below entry policies in advance at https://forms.gle/3aduTfCRmm9KwJmLA . Please complete this BEFORE 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd June. If not, bring a printed COVID declaration that is contained on p.8 of the attached PDF file. No entry is permitted without receiving your declaration.
- There are limits to using the change rooms, so you may wish to come already changed into Keiko-gi/Hakama.
- No other visitors or spectators are permitted to enter the dojo.
ON ARRIVAL AT THE DOJO:
- Proceed to the screening station, via the door at the right side of the foyer with all your belongings (including shoes).
- Your temperature will be checked, name and mobile phone number recorded.
- Please also check-in using the QR Code.
- Sanitise your hands before stepping onto the dojo floor.
- Place your shoes at the back door foyer.Place belongings and bogu on the dojo floor.
IN THE DOJO:
- Masks are required during suburi and kata
- Full face shields are required for training with men on (masks are not required under the men).
- Follow the additional sign-in/sign-out procedure for entering/exiting change rooms.
- Maintain physical distancing, where possible.
- There is to be no sharing/swapping of equipment.
- Do not assemble in a crowd near the doors for exit/kitchen/change rooms.
Victorian Kendo Renmei