Below is an email regarding volunteering for VKCs (assuming that it is still going ahead).
Volunteering is a great opportunity to learn about shiai (competitions) and how they’re run so I highly encourage everyone to do so if you can spare the time. Beginners and kids can also volunteer.
Monash University Kendo Club
Dear VKR members,
It is very fortunate for Victorian kendoka this year to be able to resume our tradition of the Victoria Kendo Championship that will be held at Victoria University on 14-15 August 2021. This year, the University of Melbourne Kendo Club (MUKEN) has been appointed to be the hosting club of the championship. In order to help to prepare for the event, we would like to call for volunteers to support the preparation of the venue as well as running a few tasks during the competition weekend.
– Setting up the venue on Friday 13 August, evening time at Victoria University
– Volunteer during the competition including scoreboard, scorekeeping, ribbon, time management etc.
– Any level of kendo (beginners are welcome)
– Able to attend volunteer training on Sunday 1 Aug at 1-3:30 pm at Kenshikan (especially first-time volunteer)
– Able to volunteer either on Friday 13 August (evening) and/or weekend 14-15 August. You don’t have to be available all days but even half a day would be much appreciated.
If you think you can support the event, even half a day on the weekend, please register yourself through VKR 2021 Volunteers website:
We will close the registration on Wednesday 28 July 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for your support.
We will provide further details regarding the volunteer training prior to the event.
University of Melbourne Kendo Club, Vice President